I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Sara of The Bibliophagist. She post awesome stuff and great book reviews (and she’s also super nice) so check out her blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
11 QUESTIONS FROM SARA @ THE BIBLIOPHAGIST:
1. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year?
Sadie by Courtney Summers, which comes out in September. Courtney Summers has always written stories about difficult topics and Sadie is no different. Somehow, it just packs a whole hell lot of a stronger punch. This has got to be Courtney’s best book yet and I can’t wait for all of you to get it come September.
2. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Oh goodness, I want to go everywhere, but I have a love for the old world so most of the place/countries in my travel bucket list reflect that. I want to visit Greece and see the Parthenon and other sites that I’ve only ever heard from movies and books. Then there’s Rome in Italy, though if I’m there already I’m pretty sure I’ll make several side trips to the Italian countrysides, maybe even Florence. I also want to visit Prague in Czech Republic, and Slovenia. Of course, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and England are also in my list. (See, told you I want to go everywhere.)
3. Do you use your local library?
Yes, but mainly for e-books and audiobooks because I have many (still unread) physical books at home.
4. What’s your favorite breakfast food?
Do I really have to pick just one food?!? I love breakfast!!! And breakfast foods!!! I could eat them for lunch and dinner and the snacks in between those two meals. Beef tapa with garlic fried rice with a fried egg on the side is my go to breakfast meal when I can’t think of anything to eat. But really, you can feed me pancakes, sausages, hotdogs and any other breakfast food the whole day and you wouldn’t hear any complaint from me.
5. Do you have any pets? Feel free to share photos if you do.
Yes, I do. I have a dog.
This here is Sirly.
Don‘t ask about the name, my sister named her but she‘s my doggo ❤️❤️❤️
She waits up for me to come home from work every day. She‘s great! I don’t know how exactly but she just seems to know when I’m sad because she’ll stay by me more than usual. I love her.
6. Do you plan out what you’re going to read next or are you a mood reader?
I think I’m a mix of both. At the end of each month I typically make a list of books I want to read for the next month. It’s usually a mix of ARCs I need to read before their publication dates, newer books I’m really excited for and older books that have been on my TBR for a long time. But I don’t always adhere to this list. Sometimes I’m just not in the mood for a certain book or a certain genre and I’ll pick another book, usually from my deep TBR pit.
7. Do you prefer to buy books at physical bookstore or online?
I’ll always prefer buying books at a physical bookstore. There’s just something oddly calming about being inside a bookstore. It’s a safe haven for me. Plus, I like being able to inspect the book I’m getting to make sure it has no damages (folded cover, pages, stains, etc.) Doesn’t mean, though, that I don’t buy books online because I do. It’s just convenient, and sometimes online retailers offer discounts and free shipping, both of which are wonderful incentives if only to tell myself that I’m actually saving money. (I’m not. I swear sometimes I feel like I’m only working so I can keep myself in books.)
8. I’m always looking for new people to follow, so what are some of your favorite book blogs?
9. What’s your favorite TV show right now?
I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I have a few favorites (if you consider Netflix as TV). Sharp Objects is a new favorite. I’m also catching up on The Crown’s season 2 and am anticipating the third one. Then there’s Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and Daredevil. (Superheroes, I know!) I also love Chef’s Line. I actually need recommendations, so if you have any, hit me up with them.
10. What’s your favorite trope?
The enemies-to-lovers trope! Then there’s also the best-friends-to-lovers trope. I’m a sucker for both!
11. What’s the last book that you recommended to someone?
It has to be the whole In Death series by J.D. Robb. A friend of mine was looking for something that mixes romance, suspense of a crime thriller and the whodunit mystery of a police procedural, and the In Death series has that all. (Of course I have an ulterior motive. I need her to be as addicted to the series, and Eve and Roarke as I am! *Queue evil laugh*😈😈😈)
My 11 questions:
- What is the first book you’ve bought using your own money?
- If you could write a book, what genre will it be?
- You’re going on a road trip, which 3 books are you going to bring and why?
- Tell me one myth/legend/folklore from you country. (Or if you can’t think of one, an urban legend in your town/state will do.)
- If you could talk to one author who will it be and what will you ask him/her?
- What do you think of love triangles?
- Name the craziest thing you have on you bucketlist?
- If you could re-write a book, which book will it be and what changes will you make?
- Which do you prefer to drink while reading: coffee, tea or hot chocolate? (If you prefer something else, please feel free put that down instead.)
- What’s your favorite book to film (or book to TV) adaptation?
- What’s the best thing about being a book blogger?