- Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post/or on your blog
QUESTIONS FROM BIBI:
- What’s the perfect day for you?
My younger self will immediately answer this with “a day spent in the beach,” but adult me is perfectly content with just being at home with a book (or maybe a movie or one of the too many TV series I need to catch up on). No worrying about work, or stressful (extended) family members. That, that’s a perfect day for me.
- What was your last 5-star read and what made it great?
The Masterpiece by Fiona Davis.
I’ve long wanted to read Fiona Davis’ books, but only got to it this year with this one, and it was totally worth it. I love how she described her setting and how nuanced her characters are, they feel real. I totally recommend it, especially if you’re also a historical fiction lover.
- Do you prefer series or standalones?
I’m not really sure if I have a preference. 😅
My life would be easier if I stuck with standalones (no cliffhangers, no waiting for the next book). But somehow, I almost always fall for series. My personal library is laden with books from series, it’s crazy!
- Do you read multiple books at the same time, or do you read one at a time?
I read at least two books at the same time, but I make sure that they are different enough from each other. It’s usually one happy, light contemporary paired with something heavy, or a fiction novel and a non-fiction book usually about history.
- Do you have any book regrets?
Book regrets??? I can’t think of one. Does lending someone a book count? Because I’ve experienced lending books and not getting them back or getting them back but with extensive damages. Now I only lend books to people who I’m sure will take care of them and to return them to me once they’re finished.
- Who’s the 3-6 guys in your harem? You can only choose characters from books, and only character from each book.
Ahhh…why do you have to do this to me??? I have so many. 😅
But if I really have to choose just 6, I think I’ll pick (1) Tobias Eaton/Four from the Divergent trilogy, (2) Roarke from the In Death series, (3) Magiano from the Young Elites trilogy, (4) Cal/Tiberias Calore VII from the Red Queen series, (5) Peeta Mellark from The Hunger Games trilogy, and last but not the least, (6) Peter Kavinsky from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before trilogy.
I don’t want to be “with” with them, if you know what I mean. These are teenagers, well, except for Roarke. I just think they’d be cool to hang out with. Besides, I like them too much with their own ladyloves.
- If you could spend the day with any fictional character, who would you choose and what would you be doing?
Ohh…I want to follow Eve Dallas around. Maybe I could be her aide for a day? Really, I just want to bust bad guys (and maybe kick their butts in the process like Eve does.)
- If you could only read one more book for the rest of 2018, which book would you choose?
Probably Dan Jones’ “The Templars” which is a nonfiction book about the Knights Templar. I think I already mentioned this somewhere in my blog how I love Dan Jones’ writing. My nonfiction reading is mostly comprised of history books (heavy on medieval) and its so hard to find books on this subject that’ll keep my attention long enough for me to actually finish them. Dan Jones’ books read like fiction novels, entertaining and informative at the same time.
- Do you ever review audio books?
No. As bad as it may sound, I don’t listen to audio books. I tried but I always end up falling asleep on them.
- What’s three non book related things, you want to share about yourself?
Pardon me if I go on a tangent because I don’t know where to start. I’m not used to talking about myself.
Non-book thing #1: I’m a nurse. Well, you know that from my “About Me” page so that’s nothing new. I’ve been a nurse for almost a decade now. I’m actually an OH (Occupational Health) nurse and this is my first year in this particular sub-field of my practice. Before that, I was a Pedia nurse (4 years) and an ER nurse (5 years) and, while I loved the adrenaline rush that entails working in the ER, it burned me out. That’s why I decided to leave it. I’m not sure if it’s temporary or permanent, but I’m pretty happy with where I am right now.
Non-book thing #2: I still play Sims. (awkward laugh) I don’t know what it says about me, but I mostly just buy property and homes there to flip then sell. Must be all the HGTV I’m watching. (Or it could be my planner side coming out.)
Non-book thing #3: Don’t laugh at me now but at 30, I still don’t know how to ride a bike. I keep on meaning to learn and my sister already told me I could borrow her bike any time (and to just drop by her home and get it) but it kind of is embarrassing to stumble and fall from a bike at my age. Not that I think 30 is old, but…I think you get what I mean.
- If you could choose any books series to be made into a TV series, which one would you choose and who would play the hero and heroine?
Definitely J.D. Robb’s In Death series. I think the series has more than enough material for any showrunner, it has, (to date) 45 books in it after all, and I would love to see Eve, Roarke, Peabody and the rest of the gang be brought to life. Jaimie Alexander (Blindspot) is my fancast for Eve. I think she looks the part, and she has the creds so I know she can do action and police procedural.
Funny thing though, I can’t think of an actor who fits Roarke’s description. I’ve always imagined him to be a combination of Pierce Brosnan and Hugh Jackman when both actors were younger. But I think he’ll favor Hugh more, to be honest. I don’t know 🤷♀️This is why I’m a nurse and not a casting agent.
If you’re a fan of the series and you have Roarke fancast/s, throw it my way because I really have no idea who could play him.
Please pardon me if I already nominated you before. This is just something fun, and it’s okay if you don’t do this. These are some of the bloggers who I think are doing awesome work sharing stuff they love.
- What got you into reading?
- Most memorable book from your childhood/teen-age years?
- What are the 5 books you cannot live without?
- What book/s have been on your TBR pile the longest?
- Three underrated books or series you would like to recommend to everyone.
- Genre you try to stay away from as much as possible.
- What are your favorite bookish things (aside from books of course)?
- What’s your policy on book lending?
- If you get stranded on an isolated island, who are the 5 book characters you’d want to be stuck with?
- Non-fiction book/s you would like to recommend.
- What’s your opinion on giving a book a low rating/negative review?